It seems a problem when many people want to connect their XBOX to their laptops’ screens other than TVs. It happens especially when you want to connect to a television, but it is in the use of other family members currently. Or sometimes, you want to carry your XBOX with you while you travel, but you can’t keep such huge screens inside your luggage safely. In both cases, you come to only one solution, and that is how you can alternatively use your laptop’s screen to connect with the XBOX you have.
Technology has paved the path for game fanatics. It is exactly possible to use your laptop’s screen as a monitor to be connected with your XBOX. There are two major categories to connect your XBOX to a laptop’s screen. Below you will find these ways along with the complete guide. So, let’s get into the ways!
- How To Connect Your Xbox One to Your Laptop In 2 Different Ways
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Connect Your Xbox One to Your Laptop In 2 Different Ways
The two most common ways to connect a laptop are HDMI and wireless connection. When you want your laptop to be connected to your laptop’s screen for an outstanding experience alternatively, you need to look at the following methods and their guide that can assist you in doing so in your home. These ways will not only ease you outside your home but also will be convenient in time of need.
We won’t keep you long! Below are the ways to connect your laptop’s screen to your XBOX and the instructions required when you decide to do so.
Connecting your laptop’s screen with HDMI to XBOX one
High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is used between input and output devices for sharing graphics and audio. When you want to use your laptop’s screen for PS4 or XBOX games, you need to check whether your laptop has an input port for HDMI or not.
Most laptops usually have an HDMI output port, which is used for transmitting the data out of your laptop to another display. If we talk about the functionality of HDMI wire, it transmits data from HDMI input to HDMI output port. In your case, if you fail to find the input port, you may never use it as a monitor. Otherwise, you can look at the following instructions to help you use your laptop’s screen as a monitor.
Step By Step Process to Connect Your Xbox One to your Laptop screen with HDMI
- First of all, switch off your XBOX.
- Check if your laptop is currently not busy with heavy tasks that can’t tolerate any further load.
- Connect your laptop to XBOX one via HDMI cable.
- Now, look at the output port of your XBOX one and attach the output side of HDMI to it.
- Similarly, look at the input port of your laptop and attach the input side of HDMI to it.
- Now is the time to turn on the XBOX.
- As it turns on, your laptops will sense the XBOX to connect it. After that, it will connect your laptop’s screen and display the game you want to play.
- Now, if you want to configure the display and resolution setting, you can do it from the dashboard of XBOX.
- And that’s all! Enjoy your gaming experience.
Connecting your laptop’s screen with a wireless connection to XBOX one
The second method of connecting the laptop’s screen to your XBOX is wireless connectivity. You need to have Wi-Fi to connect your laptop’s screen, if you can’t connect your laptop to WiFi it won’t work. This method is beneficial when you have no proper ports to connect through an HDMI cable.
Therefore, wireless connectivity brings the only solution to have your gaming experience on your laptop’s screen. The best way to connect your laptop and XBOX for gaming is to use the same network that you are currently using in your home. To do so, select the sharing tab on your laptop. After that, change your settings to allow alternative network users to connect through your laptop’s Wi-Fi connection.
Requirements To Connect Your Xbox One Wirelessly
Two main requirements exist for this method. The first one is windows 10. It provides all the features you need for your laptop to be connected to XBOX. The second one is the XBOX Apps. The Xbox App and DirectX 1 are the apps that help you connect your laptop’s screen to your XBOX. Once you are done with both of these requirements, you can now follow the following steps to proceed further.
- First of all, open the Microsoft store application you have installed.
- Among several setting options, you will see a setting named “connection.” Select the setting to proceed.
- You will see your XBOX device in the list. Select it, and go on.
- As you find your device connected, then click on “Stream.”
- Now, you would see that your laptop would start displaying images and audio from your XBOX.
- And that’s all! Enjoy your gaming experience.
All in all, these are the two most common methods that may help you in time of need. It will help you when you are in a place where there is no television. You only have your laptop and XBOX with no additional screen. Or sometimes, you have an additional display, but that is not accessible at the time. At that time, you would badly need to use your laptop’s screen as a monitor using the methods we explained.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my laptop as a monitor for Xbox one?
Yes, you can use your laptop as a monitor for XBOX one. It can be used by just connecting one end of your HDMI to XBOX and the other to your laptop. Turn the XBOX on and wait unless your laptop detects it. Once detected, you can use your laptop’s screen now.
How do I use my HP laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one?
Connect your Laptop with XBOX one via HDMI. Now, change the display settings if it does not connect. Now, access the “System Settings” menu on your Xbox 360 from the main menu. That’s how you can use an HP laptop as a monitor for the task.
Do HP laptops have an HDMI input?
Model-specific PCs have HDMI input ports only. If your laptop does not contain the input, you may not be able to connect through HDMI to the other display.