If you want to know anything about your computer specifications, you can find a huge amount of information available online today. And, it really does not matter if you are an expert or a newbie with your first laptop; some sites are dedicated to providing a wealth of information to assist you with updating your laptop and troubleshooting unexpected problems.
Whatever the case, your screen size on a laptop should fit the activities you will be using your computer for. Since no two users perform the exact same activities, this information is sometimes relevant to what the person is actually doing on a day-to-day basis. Also, if you want to invest in a screen size that is neither too big nor too little, you will do your research first.
For instance, if you are a college student, 13-inch screen size is considered the most appropriate size for carrying the laptop with ease from one class to another; This is also why most laptop users need to know the size of the screen that they need and the size of the screen that they are already using.
With that being said, this information can be found in a wide variety of formats and resources, including explaining how to physically check the laptop’s specifications by looking at your laptop’s back or front surfaces. In fact, if you need to know the exact size of your laptop’s screen, here are some tips and recommendations that you may want to use to find this information without any unnecessary hassles.
Remember that there is a difference between measuring laptop size and checking the actual size of the laptop’s screen!
- Search for Laptop Model Specifications in the Configuration of the Laptop
- Viewing The Back Side of The Laptop
- Download a software or check online
- View the manual of the laptop
- Frequently Asked Questions
Search for Laptop Model Specifications in the Configuration of the Laptop
Fortunately, there are many different ways to find the size of your laptop’s screen. And, some tend to be a lot easier and faster to find than others. For instance, one of the easiest and simplest ways to locate the exact size of your screen is to use the model number on your laptop. You can find this number by following the steps provided for you below.
- Click on the start button and then enter the option ‘system information’ in your computer’s search box.
- When you see the ‘system information” icon in the results displayed to you, click on this icon.
- Once you have clicked on the system information icon, a system information window will be displayed. From the system section, look for the model number of your laptop.
- Record the model number that you see so that you can use this data as a resource to identify the size of your laptop’s screen.
- After recording this information, go to the Manufacturer’s official site and type in the model number in the appropriate field.
- This model number will give you all of the specification information you need to know, including the screen size of your laptop (i.e., the screen size of the laptop ranges from 11.6 inches to 17 inches in diameter.)
Viewing The Back Side of The Laptop
As mentioned before, the screen size of your laptop can be found in more than one way. Typically, in addition to finding this information by using the model number on the laptop’s manufacturer’s site, you can view the backside of your laptop to locate the size same as what we did in checking how many watts does a laptop use when charging guide. For instance, one of the first things you will need to do is look for the manufacturer’s label on the laptop’s backside. If this label is still in good condition and easy to read, you will be able to read the model number and screen size.
Also, based on the type of senior laptops or any other types you use, the screen size may be located in the upper right corner of your computer; This is a code that may need to be translated into a readable and understandable screen sizing for that particular laptop model. For example, if the screen size is 24 inches, the code on the back of the computer may be posted as H243HX.
Download a software or check online
Aside from taking physical measurements of your laptop’s screen with a measuring tape, you can use software products to find this information online. For instance, you may want to use Inforblip’s app to provide you with your computer’s screen size. These are apps that you download to your computer for the purposes of securing the information that is needed quickly and whenever it is needed by the user or the owner of the laptop.
View the manual of the laptop
If you have not already thrown the manual away, you can read the manual to find the size of your screen. The manual for the laptop has all of the information you need and more, including the exact size of the laptop’s screen. And, in all actuality, the manual for your laptop should always be kept near the user for a number of different purposes and reasons; This is primarily because these manuals contain a wide variety of useful information that may be needed at any point in time. Here’s some of the most important information that you can find in the manual that you receive at purchase.
- Product name.
- Description of the user interface.
- Safety warnings.
- Installation instructions.
- Model or type number.
- Intended use.
- Description of the main product elements.
- And much more
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard laptop screen size?
The standard laptop screen size for many computer brands and models normally ranges from 13 to 15 inches. However, these sizes usually vary based on the manufacturer of the laptop, and you can also find this type of info on the manufacturer of the laptop’s website.
How big is a 15.6-inch laptop screen?
- The dimensions of a 15.6-inch laptop screen are as follows:
- Viewable image area (diagonal): 39.5 cm (15.6) widescreen; diagonally measured. Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- The 15.6 in can be described as the size of the screen from corner to corner. It is approximately 15 inches from right to left and approximately 12 from the front to the back of the laptop.
Is a 14-Inch laptop screen big enough?
The answer to this question can vary from one user to another. For instance, if you are on the road traveling with your laptop most of the time, the 15.6 inch is normally too big. On the other hand, the 14-inch laptop may be just what you need for your day-to-day activities while you are in a stable position on the job.