Wireless gadgets bring so much ease and convenience that their dominance in the current era is inevitable. Most of these gadgets, including wireless headsets, mouse, keyboards, and others, can be connected easily to your laptop via Bluetooth. This guide will show you how to connect wireless headphones to a laptop with an easy step-by-step guide.
We have covered the easiest connection methods so that you can connect your new pair of wireless headphones to your laptop on the go. Even though it is an easy process, especially when your laptop has a Bluetooth connection, newbies do need a bit of guidance on their first use.
Let us now proceed and bring you a Laptop Circle guide that will show you how to connect a wireless headset to a laptop.
- Method No.1: How to Pair wireless headphones to a laptop on Windows 10 with Bluetooth
- Method No. 2: How to Pair wireless headphones to a Mac Laptop
- Method No. 3: Connecting Wireless Headphones to a Laptop without Bluetooth
Method No.1: How to Pair wireless headphones to a laptop on Windows 10 with Bluetooth
Every laptop comes with a Bluetooth connection these days, making using wireless devices so easy for the users. Even if your laptop does not have a Bluetooth feature, you can buy a Bluetooth dongle from the market and make it possible for yourself.
Anyway, while assuming that your laptop already this feature, let us move ahead and bring you our step-by-step guide on connecting wireless headphones to a laptop.
Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth connection on your Windows:
- Click Start in the left-bottom corner of your Windows
- Now, go to the Settings menu
- Select ‘devices’ and then ‘Bluetooth & other devices’
Now, turn Bluetooth on step 2: Pairing Wireless Headphones with the Bluetooth.
- Turn your wireless headset on
- Click Start and then Settings on your laptop
- Go to devices and then Bluetooth & other devices
- Click on Add Bluetooth or other devices
- Select Bluetooth and choose your wireless headphones device
- Ensure that your wireless headphones are in pairing mode
- After clicking your wireless headphones, it will automatically pair
- If you are asked for a code; enter 0000
And, there you go; you have successfully connected your wireless headphones to your laptop.
It would undoubtedly differ for a Mac laptop; however, we have covered a detailed guide ahead to help you with that as well.
Method No. 2: How to Pair wireless headphones to a Mac Laptop
A Mac computer or laptop has a different operating system, and that’s why the settings for connecting wireless devices are different. It is quite apparent, and if you are someone new with these computers, you will need this guide to make the process easier.
So, the following is our step-by-step guide on connecting a wireless laptop to a Mac:
- Turn on your Mac and open System Preferences
- Open Bluetooth settings, which should be right in front
- Now, click the add button represented by a + symbol
- To select device type; select Headset
- Enable pairing mode on your wireless headset
- Now, on your Mac, click the Search button
- When asked, enter 0000 as the passkey
- Once pairing is finished, click continue and then Finish
This will connect your wireless headset to your Mac, and you can now start using them. If this is the only audio device you will be using, ensure that you keep it on default so that you do not have to go through the trouble of connecting it repeatedly, using the following guide.
- Open System Preferences again
- Now, click the Sounds icon to open its settings
- Click the Output button and then Headset
- Now, click Input and select your current headphones
- Play any audio file to test the connection and sound
Your wireless headphones will now be your default audio device on Mac.
Note: With Bluetooth, you can even transfer files from your phone to your laptop easily!
Method No. 3: Connecting Wireless Headphones to a Laptop without Bluetooth
If you are using a laptop without a built-in Bluetooth feature, you cannot connect a wireless headset. Nonetheless, there always are alternative methods that can help you solve the problem with ease.
For laptops without a built-in Bluetooth connection, people are required to buy a Bluetooth USB Dongle. It is essential since it is impossible to use your wireless headphones without setting up a Bluetooth connection first.
Buying a Bluetooth USB Adapter is inevitable, though the brand you should buy depends on your likeness and budget. If you do not have a personal choice in this regard; we will recommend getting any of the following best Bluetooth USB adapters to enable Bluetooth on your laptop or desktop:
- Avantree USB Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle
- ZEXMTE Bluetooth USB Adapter
- Asus USB Adapter
Once you have bought a Bluetooth USB Adapter, it is time to set it up. For that, use the following instruction:
- Unbox the bought Bluetooth USB Adapter
- Plug it in your laptop or desktop computer
- You will not need to install a driver on Windows 10
- Users with older Windows versions will need to install a driver for the adapter
- The best practice is to use the mini-disc that has the original driver for your dongle
- Otherwise, you can simply download and install the driver from the internet
Once you have set up your Bluetooth USB Adapter, use any of the two methods we have covered before, depending on the device (Mac or Windows) you are using. Make sure that you are using the latest USB adapter driver for the best experience.
Summary for Windows:
- To turn on Bluetooth on Windows; Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & Other Devices > Bluetooth > Turn on
- To connect wireless/bluetooth headphones: Turn it on > Enable Pairing Mode > Start > Devices > Bluetooth & Other Devices > Add Bluetooth > Select Wireless Headphones > Done
Summary for Mac:
- To connect wireless/bluetooth headphones on a Mac: System Preferences > Bluetooth > + > Headset > 0000 Passkey > Connect
- To set a default audio device: System Preferences > Sounds > Output > Headset > Input > Current Wireless Headphones
Connecting wireless headphones to a laptop is so easy, and we hope that our detailed guide helped you with that. If you are still facing any connection problems, leave them in the comments section, and we will get back to you. Please keep visiting our site for more helpful tech guides!